AboutWho I AmShopContact

9.03.2017

Satisfaction [Enough Study]

DEFINITION:


"
the fulfillment of a desire"


As mentioned in the definition above satisfaction is finding fulfillment in something or someone. Often times we allow our satisfaction to be met in various things. Material possessions. People. Success. Thoughts. The list could go on. Satisfaction is something that can make us feel good, but it can quickly dissipate when we focus our attention in the wrong areas.




Although we may feel satisfied with our current circumstances, it doesn't mean that we are effectively finding true satisfaction. True satisfaction comes from God. It is when we can look at our circumstances, no matter how dark or unclear, and know that God is working. It is when we go through the worst of days and remember that our mistakes and failures don't define us. It is when it seems all the world rejects you but you can find peace in knowing you'll always be accepted by your Creator.

Sometimes the world gets such a hold of me and drags me down a road of doubt and deception. It causes me to harbor on negativity and all the things that are going wrong in my life. It is here that I need to stop and refocus. It's easy to get caught up in all the things I dislike about my life, but it's well worth the extra effort when I take the time to focus on all that God has blessed me with.

What I have found most helpful in finding satisfaction in God is remembering His character. He never will fail or forsake us. He will always provide just what we need in the perfect timing. He is working even when we can't see it. We're never forgotten or put on hold. He loves us no matter how bad we've messed up. We may be flawed, but God loves us and always accepts us in. We're never rejected or cast aside. We're never too messed up or too broken to be used by Him. Remembering these truths has helped me when this world couldn't satisfy the unmet desires on my heart. When I felt cast aside by the world, I was accepted by God. Knowing that the God of the universe remained by my side and welcomed me back even during the times when I failed and doubted allowed my satisfaction in Him to strengthen. When those closest to me failed to understand or listen I could rely on God and rest assured He would always care and listen no matter how long I rambled on.


JEREMIAH 29:11-13


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.


I can't count the number of times I've allowed myself to be deceived into thinking that the things of this world will bring me satisfaction. I've often thought "If I had this, then I would be happy" or "When I reach this point in my life, then things will be perfect." I've quickly realized that no point in my life will ever be perfect by my means, but my life is always perfect when I'm following God's will. I've grown weary when things didn't go my way and didn't work in the timing I expected, but God's been teaching me that even through the waiting and unfulfilled desires, He is all I need. If I can't find satisfaction in Him, then why should He bless me with more? If I can't be thankful and content with what I have now, then I will be searching for contentment in things that won't satisfy my heart. I first have to find contentment with what I have and find my satisfaction in God so that I won't be basing my happiness in the wrong areas. The desires this world offers are fleeting, but when I take a step back and remember why we are here it helps put things into perspective. I'm not here to be happy or have a fun life. I'm here to be an example, live for God, grow in my relationship with Him and lead others to Him with the talents and opportunities God has given me.


Psalm 16:11


You have made known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand.


Satisfaction in God can be found when we can remain content that no matter what others think or say about us it will not change how God sees us. We have security and confidence that God will remain with us even when our circumstances and people's opinions of us change daily. Others may unexpectedly reject us but the Lord never changes. He will love you no matter what. I don't know too many things in this life that remain the same over time, but knowing I'm accepted, loved, cherished, valuable and wanted by God gives me reassurance that no matter how others treat me or what lies ahead God will be there.

I thought the song "Satisfied" by Jordan Feliz went along well with the topic of satisfaction. I hope you enjoy it. Click here to take a listen.

2 comments:

  1. The heart of this post is so beautiful. This resonates with me a lot!

    And I'm so happy you paired it with a Jordan Feliz song. :)

    Serena | poetree

    ReplyDelete